Lithuania’s award-winning Progressive Rock band The SKYS are on tour now in support of their new album Automatic Minds. The band has a lot happening! Keep an eye on their Facebook page for album news and tour dates. For the album, they brought their big beautiful sound to Abbey Road Studios. Now, they are taking it on the road through Germany in February. Connect with them @theskyslt
Here is what The SKYS say…
The Skys is the leading rock band in Lithuania. It is also the most recognized Lithuanian band abroad.
The Skys are:
Jonas ?iurlionis– vocals and lead guitar
Božena Buinicka – keyboards and vocals
Justinas Tamaševi?ius– bass
Ilja Molodcov – drums
The band released five albums: “Civilized” (1997), “Dreams” (1999), “Postmodern Game” (2004), “Colours of the Desert” (2011) and “Journey through the Skies” (2015).
The latest albums feature:
Dave Kilminster (Roger Waters band) – guitar
Snowy White (Roger Waters band) – guitar
John Young (ex-Scorpions, Bonnie Tyler) – keyboards, bac vocs, producer
- India Curney who placed in the Top 5 of Season 8’s The Voice! #TeamChristina (vocals)
- Snake Davis (Eurythmics, P.McCartney, Ray Charles, James Brown, etc.) – sax
- Martin Beedle (Cutting Crew, Sarah Brightman, etc) – drums
- Tony Spada (Holding Pattern) – guitar
- Anne Marie Helder (Mostly Autumn, Panic Room) – bac voc
- Robert Townsend (Steve Hackett) – sax
- Kyla Wight – bac voc
Two last albums were recorded in Mamas Studio (Vilnius, Lithuania) and Liscombe Park Studios (London, UK) famous for URIAH HEEP and ASIA recordings.
Mixed by Steve RISPIN (Tina Turner, Elton John, Asia, Tankard, etc.
The last album mastered at legendary Abbey Road studios by Christian Wright.
The band had many solo gigs and participated in various festivals in Europe, Canada, USA and Japan,
The Skys shared the stage with Rick Wakeman (ex-YES), Blues Brothers, The Exploited, Lifesigns, Delirium, John Young Band, Arena and many more.
- In 2017 nominated for the best Rock album out of 17K albums and 240K songs
- In 2016 got The Akademia Music Award for Best Rock Song
- In 2015 got The Akademia Music Award for Best Rock/Experimental Song
- In 2013 and 2014 played around 100 shows
- In 2013 the album exclusively rereleased for German Market via Dr. Music Records
- In 2012 The Skys music received TV and radio airplay on hundreds of radio stations across Europe, USA and Canada with interviews in Netherlands, Poland, UK and “album of the week” in Austria, A-listed in Norway, 12 weeks at top 30 charts in Poland.
- In 2012 Many high-quality press articles were published about the band in all major Lithuanian newspapers. The Skys album reviews showed up in The USA, Canada, Europe and receiving the very high evaluation.
- In 2012 the album was rereleased on Out of the Box Records.
- In 2012 The Skys got 9 Awards at various Polish Festivals.
- In 2011 The Skys signed a publishing contract with Apollo Live.
- In 2010 The Skys signed an exclusive digital distribution deal with Cinderella Records.
- In 2004 The Skys were signed to Sutaras Record label for album “Postmodern Game”.
- In 2001 The Skys made a musical theater performance “Civilized” which was presented in one of the biggest theaters in Vilnius – Jaunimo Teatras.